We collect Personal Information across our Services in order to comply with legal obligations, maintain and improve our Services, protect the security of you and our Services, and inform you of other services and products available to you through us, our marketing alliances, and our affiliated companies. We collect Personal Information about you when you do the following:
- Make reservations, payments, and accommodation requests online, by phone, or at our Desk
- Create a profile with us
- Join our Newsletter
- Consent to marketing communications
- Submit reviews, comments, or other content
- Connect or interact with us on social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Request customer or technical support
- Provide personal information to third parties to which you have consented to disclose your personal information to us
Personal Information we collect:
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Postal or billing address
- Government identification
- Vehicle identification
- Payment card information
- Health information where disclosed
- Location via IP address
- Device being used (for our mobile site)
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Properties stay information
- Preferences regarding your stay (e.g. proximity to elevator, floor number)
- Other relevant data
We may also collect birth date and other information and personal preferences for newsletters or other memberships that you subscribe to through our Services. Non-personal site data is also collected to help us learn more about how our Services are used. This information does not identify you.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- To enter into agreements and transactions initiated by you, and perform said agreements and transactions
- To provide and market products and services to you via our Services and our Advertisers
- To send you communications about online transactions or other notices you’ve requested
- For product development and site administration
- To respond to your reviews, questions, or complaints about our products or services
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including cooperation with law enforcement, financial reporting, and the prevention of illegal activities
- For the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims or proceedings
Our security procedures endeavor to protect your Personal Information through technical and organizational means. This includes web security such as firewalls and PCI compliancy as well as contractual security terms with agents, contractors, and data processors. We cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via email or held by third parties. It is your responsibility to safeguard your email and passwords. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may risk the security of user information.
Cookies include first party cookies, which are sent by us and stored on your device, and third party cookies, which are created by someone else. Third party cookies embed data in our website, which is then used to track information for purposes such as advertising and marketing.
Cookie types are as follows:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Required for site operation. They include cookies that enable secure login and are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytic/Performance Cookies: Collect site use data, such as the number of users and how users navigate our site. These help us improve your experience of our site and are also erased when you close your browser.
- Functional Cookies: Improve site function and ease-of-use. For example, these cookies can be sued to remember your site preferences. These are also erased when you close your browser.
- Targeting Cookies: Record your activity on our site, such as links you have followed, pages you have visited, and other websites you visit. These remain on your device after the browser closes and are qualified as persistent cookies. You can delete them via browser settings if you choose. They are not collected from individuals in the EU without notice.
You can accept or reject cookies using your browser. This can be done through browser settings. You may use your browser to reject all cookies, though this may disrupt web page features, and some pages may even be restricted. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to be tracked, according to your own preference. Visit www.aboutcookies.org for more information on how to control cookies.
Controlling Behavioral Advertising
You may also control Internet-based targeted advertising. For example, we sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant ads based on information collected by us or third parties. This can include ads served on our site or on other companies’ websites. When you see behavioral advertising there will be an “Ad Choices” icon on the ad. Clicking this will bring you to a website where you can either manage or opt out of the use of your data for behavioral advertising.
If you opt out, you may still see our ads, but this is based on other information and not prior web-browsing activity tracking. And in some cases, data may still be collected about your browsing activity, but it will not be used to deliver advertising.
We understand that you may want access to your stored Personal Information. Your rights are as follows:
- To access, update, correct, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so using the “Contact Us” information found at the bottom of this page.
- If you are a resident of the EU, you can object to processing of your information, request restricted processing of your information, or request portability of your information, again by using the “Contact Us” section below
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications at any time. Do this by clicking “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” in marketing e-mails at any time. To opt-out of other marketing, such as mail or telephone, you can do so using the “Contact Us” section below.
- You can withdraw consent from the collection and processing of information at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing conducted prior to withdrawal, nor of processing conducted on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information at any time. For more information, contact your local data protection authority
- We respond to all requests concerning data protection rights according to applicable data protection laws
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (for EEA visitors only)
The legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described above depends on the Personal Information involved and the specific context.
Ordinarily, we collect only Personal Information where you have consented, where it is necessary to contact you, or where processing is necessary for legitimate business and not overridden by your data protection rights. If there is a legal obligation otherwise, we may need to collect your Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of others. If this is necessary and we need to comply with a legal require or establish a contract with you, or in the case wherein it is necessary for the interests of legitimate business, this will be made clear ahead of time, and you will be informed whether this is a mandatory requirement or not as well as the consequences.
For any questions, use the “Contact Us” section below.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter and any and all communications and Services provided by DeSoto Beach Vacation Properties using the “Contact Us” section below.
DeSoto Beach Hotel
- PO Box 1398
- Tybee Island, GA 31328
- Phone: 912-786-4542